TURMERIC-EMPOWERED TORTILLAS!!! Our Golden Turmeric Powder mixes with masa to make the most supreme, eye popping Huevos Rancheros this side of winter! Bright yellow and full of sunshine, make these on any occasion and the dish is empowered with the anti-inflammatory compounds of curcumin you know you've been trying to get more of! Plus, everybody loves these easy-to-make HUEVOS RANCHEROS!!!
2 cups masa harina
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tsp. Golden Turmeric
pinch sea salt
2 fried eggs
2 T butter or oil
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 jars/cans tomatoes
1/2 cup dried chili peppers, snipped into pieces with scissors
sea salt, black pepper, oregano, cumin seed
(garnish) scallions, feta or queso fresco, sesame seeds, jalapeños, sauerkraut, roasted asparagus, avocado, shiitake mushrooms
1. Mix masa with water, turmeric and salt. Mix it thoroughly into a ball of "dough". Let rest in a bowl for 30 minutes. Cover with a towel.
2. Make tortillas! Form golf-ball-sized balls of masa, press with a tortilla press, hit the griddle, and stack 'em high! Cover them with a towel (so they don't dry out).
1. Sauetee onions and garlic in butter/oil until translucent.
2. Add spices, chili peppers and tomatoes.
3. Simmer for 1-3 hours, until reduced.
4. With an immersion blender, blend tomato/chili salsa until smooth. Keep bubbling if it needs to reduce more.
5. iiiiiiASSEMBLE HUEVOS RANCHEROS!!!!