2 cans coconut milk, full fat
1 can straw mushrooms, drained
1/2 oz. Dried Oyster Mushrooms OR 1 cup fresh
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 carrot, cut into chunks
2 small onions, cut into chunks
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2" fresh galangal OR ginger, sliced
2 tsp. Golden Turmeric Powder
6 kaffir lime leaves
2 stalks of lemongrass
5 dried thai chili peppers, cut into chunks
2 limes, juiced
1 tsp. sea salt
handful of cilantro sprigs (reserve some for garnish)
1. In a heavy soup pot on medium heat, add one can of coconut milk (swirl a little water in the can to get all the glory out) with ginger, thai chili peppers, turmeric and lemongrass. Stir often for 5-10 minutes. DON'T LET IT BOIL! Gently stir the coconut milk, so it doesn't get too hot and evenly infuses itself with the aromatic herbs.
2. Add the other can of coconut milk and all other ingredients. Crush the kaffir lime leaves gently with your hand before adding to the soup.
3. Stir gently for 10 minutes.
4. Add in lime juice (to taste), sea salt, and garnish!
5. SPREAD THE LOVE! Discard galangal or ginger chunks, lemongrass, and kaffir lime before consuming...and maybe the Thai Chili Peppers ;)
6. Serve with rice.