1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
1 package tempeh, steamed and crumbled
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 onions, diced
2 T Coconut Oil
2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 cup Raw Hazelnuts minced
1 tsp. sea salt, pepper
1 head cabbage
1 qt. jar sauerkraut (homemade is best!)
1 big jar/can of tomatoes, crushed
1. Saute onions in coconut oil, after five minutes add garlic. Then, crumble tempeh, add spices, and sauté until thoroughly cooked. (About ten minutes) Add Brazil Nuts.
2. In a large pot, boil water. Use about 10 outer leaves (the biggest! the best! the most grand!) and boil for 3 minutes, or until tender. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. In a glass baking dish, layer sauerkraut on bottom (reserve juice). Pour tomato juice on top of sauerkraut. In big cabbage leaves, cut out the stem, add filling just above, and fold in sides.. like an envelope! Put over sauerkraut in glass baking pan, and repeat until the whole pan is full of the delish envelopes! (no postage required)
4. Top the rolls with crushed tomatoes, brine from sauerkraut, and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until juices reduce and buuuuuuubble!
5. Cool for 5 minutes, and.... SERVE UP! With a lil sprig of parsley and a dallop of somethin somethin full-a cultures... IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIVE!