This Strawberry Glaze Smoothie is an affordable and vegan take on the viral Hailey Bieber Smoothie from erewhon market in Los Angeles. This smoothie is packed full of skin-supporting ingredients to help you glow from the inside out. This recipe is vegan, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free!
This Strawberry Glaze Smoothie is the perfect healthy take on the viral Hailey Bieber Smoothie from erewhon market. Unlike Hailey Bieber's smoothie, this delicious smoothie can be made from the comfort of your home and doesn't have a $17 price tag.
This skin-supporting smoothie quickly gained a lot of attention on TikTok in 2022 after hitting the popular Los Angeles grocery store erewhon market. It's crafted for skin health and flavor, and this homemade version does not miss out on either of those.
STRAWBERRY GLAZE SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS:
This skin-supporting smoothie is made with simple and fresh ingredients that you probably already have on hand. There are also a couple of optional skin-boosting ingredients that can be added to the original smoothie recipe to support skin health even more.
- Frozen Strawberries - Of course the base of this strawberry smoothie is frozen strawberries. I encourage you to use organic strawberries since they are one of the most heavily sprayed fruits. Strawberries are packed full of vitamin c which is a key ingredient for healthy skin.
- Ripe Banana - It's important to use a ripe banana since the banana is the main source of sweetness in this smoothie recipe.
- Frozen Aloe Vera - The original smoothie recipe does not call for aloe vera, however, I think it is the perfect budget-friendly addition to this smoothie. Aloe Vera is antibacterial, full of antioxidants, and helps prevent wrinkles. You can find frozen aloe vera at most grocery stores, or you can use the gooey inside from a fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Avocado - Is one of my favorite skin-boosting ingredients because it contains healthy fats. Not only will these healthy fats support healthy youthful-looking skin, but they also help to keep you full for longer.
- Freeze-Dried Dragon Fruit Powder - Not only does the dragon fruit add aesthetically pleasing color to this Strawberry Glaze Smoothie, but it also supports healthy digestion and gut health.
- Vanilla Bean Powder - The original Hailey Bieber Smoothie recipe calls for vanilla stevia. Since this smoothie is already plenty sweet, I believe it is unnecessary to add an additional sweetener. Therefore I opt for a pure vanilla option by using vanilla powder from Wilderness Poets. Their vanilla powder is made from 100% organic Tahitian Vanilla. Vanilla is great for adding flavor and is high in antioxidants, boosts the immune system and mood, and improves skin complexion. I prefer vanilla powder over vanilla extract due to these health benefits, and the more intense flavor.
- Maple Crystals - One of my all-time favorite plant-based sweeteners is maple crystals from Wilderness Poets. Maple crystals are essentially dried maple syrup, therefore they are packed with vitamins and minerals. They work just like cane sugar, yet they are sweeter than cane sugar and have a lower glycemic index.
- SPiN Almond Milk Concentrate - Hailey Bieber's smoothie calls for malk almond milk which is made from almonds and water. If you've ever seen malk in the grocery store, then you know how expensive it is. This is why I love Wilderness Poet's SPiN nut milk concentrates. They're the preservative/additive-free nut milks of the future. All you have to do is combine them with water and blend and you have budget-friendly nut milks made from the comfort of your own home. SPiN has quickly become a staple in my house because it reduces waste and it's so healthy and affordable!
- Coconut Yogurt - The original smoothie calls for coconut milk and at erewhon market they use Zuma Valley coconut cream. However, I prefer to use creamy coconut yogurt instead. This adds probiotics and creaminess, not to mention it's lower in calories.
- Strawberry Preserves - You can either buy pre-made strawberry preserves or you can make a housemade strawberry glaze as they do at erewhon market. I went with using 100% fruit-based strawberry preserves to save time and money.
See the recipe card for quantities.
OPTIONAL SKIN-SUPPORTING INGREDIENTS:
Some of the more skin-boosting ingredients that can be added to this Strawberry Glaze Smoothie include:
- Sea Moss Gel - Sea-moss gel has quickly gained a lot of attention and for good reason. Sea Moss benefits include heart health, weight loss, improved digestion, gut health, and improved immunity.
- Vegan Collagen Powder - Hailey Bieber's strawberry glaze skin smoothie calls for vital proteins vanilla collagen peptides. I skipped this ingredient in the recipe, because collagen powder is not vegan, and there are plenty of whole foods plant-based ingredients in this recipe that support collagen. However, I have linked my favorite plant-based collagen-boosting powder. I love this powder because it contains plant-based protein, amino acids, and hyaluronic acid to support healthy skin.
HOW TO MAKE HAILEY BIEBER'S SMOOTHIE:
I've quickly fallen in love with this homemade smoothie, because it's easy to make, tastes amazing, and is a fraction of the price of the real thing.
Hint: You may need to stop the blender and move the ingredients around to get the smoothie blending smoothly.
There are a couple of easy substitutions that can be made to this recipe to accommodate specific diets/allergies.
- SPiN - Wilderness Poets offers a couple of different varieties of SPiN nut milk concentrates. I personally love the macadamia nut one. Any one will work perfectly for this Strawberry Glaze Smoothie.
- Frozen Banana - If you want a thicker smoothie bowl-like texture, you can use a frozen banana instead of a ripe one.
STRAWBERRY GLAZE SMOOTHIE VARIATIONS:
There are a couple of ways to easily mix up Hailey Bieber's Smoothie recipe.
- Chocolate - Use chocolate SPiN to make this smoothie a chocolate-covered strawberry skin-supporting smoothie.
- High Protein - Add a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein (or the vegan collagen booster I mentioned previously) to make this smoothie a complete meal.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THE HAILEY BIEBER SMOOTHIE AT HOME:
- Blendjet - Any blender will work, but the more powerful the blender the smoother and creamier the smoothie will be.