FRIDGE FUDGE?! Sign me up!! Secret ingredients may include: avocado, our Almond Butter (OR ROASTED HAZELNUT BUTTER!) our luscious, Ecuadorian Arriba Nacional Cacao Paste and Powder and a pinch of vanilla bean for good measure. Recipe and photos by @healthy_ish
1/4 cup Almonds, sliced
1/3 cup Almond Butter or Roasted Almond Butter or Roasted Hazelnut Butter
4 oz. Cacao Paste + a little sweetener and a pinch of Pure Vanilla Powder
1/2 ripe avocado
1 T Cacao Powder
pinch sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Toast almonds on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing halfway through, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely crush. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, set up a double boiler to gently melt the Cacao Paste. Add sweetener to taste and a pinch of Pure Vanilla Powder. Let cool slightly.
3. Line a 9x5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
4. Purée avocado, maple syrup, and Almond Butter in a food processor until very smooth, about 1 minute. Add Cacao Powder, salt, and 2 T cold water. Pulse until smooth, then add melted Cacao Paste. Pulse just until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
5. Transfer chocolate mixture to prepared pan and smooth top. Scatter reserved almonds over, then season with sea salt; press in lightly. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Remove by lifting up parchment, then cut into squares or bars to serve. Spread the love!