This Magic Sauce may CHANGE YOUR WORLD! Brown rice and lentils..TRANSFORMED into a delicious, creamy, satiating meal when sprinkled with Pumpkin Seeds and adorned with marinated eggplant….fresh vegetables, and a few Oregon Cranberries! Smother this sauce over anything…even oatmeal in the morning! A perfect harmony of sweet and savory..symphony, BEGIN!
2 eggplants, cut in 1/4" thick slices.. rubbed with salt and left to drain for 2 hours. Wash off excess salt, and pat dry before using. This handy trick removes the bitterness, and preps the eggplants for their upcoming magical journey!
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
pinch sea salt, black pepper
2 cups rice, cooked
1 cup lentils (I used tiny beluga lentils..YUM), cooked
2 cups spinach (lightly steamed)
1 cup carrots, julienned (lightly steamed)
1/4 cup Oregon Cranberries
1/2 cup Oregon Pumpkin Seeds
1" kombu seaweed (optional)
4 oz. Raw Almond Butter
1 clove garlic
2 T lemon juice
1 T miso
pinch red pepper flakes
1. Marinate eggplant for 2 hours… and bake until lightly crispy at 350 F for ~30-40 minutes. Spread out on baking tray, so that the eggplant doesn't touch one another. (Otherwise, they will steam and not get to that glorified crunch you know and love!)
2. Cook rice and lentil together with kombu (to help digestibility). Throw in spinach and carrots during the last few minutes of cooking to steam lightly.
3. Cut kombu into little pieces and mix into rice/lentils.
4. Whisk up Magic Sauce, adding water if necessary for desired viscosity.
5. DISH/PLATE/BOWL IT UP! Seriously delicious, super healthy… Spoon out some lentils/rice/veg, hit it with some eggplant pieces, and SMOTHER IT IN MAGIC!! Sprinkle with Cranberries and Pumpkin Seeds…..a balanced heavenly cloud to be reach in T-minus two minutes.