1 1/2 cups fresh figs OR 1 cup dried figs, chopped
1/3 cup warm water
1/3 cup kalamata olives, chopped
2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 T balsamic vinegar (omit for raw)
1 1/2 tsp rosemary, minced
1. Soak dried figs in warm water overnight, chop coarsely.
2. Mix all ingredients together for a tastebud-rockin tapenade! Top raw crackers, bread, toast, OR.... try it with this White Bean Soup, which creates a perfect harmony of rosemary vs. rosemary! Seriously, though..Rosemary Victory.
White Bean Warmer
6 cups cooked white beans OR 2 cans of white beans, drained
3 medium onions, diced
2 T Coconut Oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 branch rosemary, leaves cut up
2 fresh tomatoes, 1 T tomato paste, or 2 T tomato sauce
2 bay leaves
1 T oregano
salt and pepper to taste
smoked sea salt or smoked paprika (optional to give a hint of smokiness)
1. Saute onions in Coconut Oil for 5 minutes... add garlic, tomatoes...SPICE IT UP!
2. After 10 minutes, add beans, and cook until beans are cooked thoroughly.
3. TOP SOUP WITH TAPENADE!
4. SERIOUS "MMMM's" to ensue! PROMISE.