Thanks, Alysha! This recipe is nourishing, wholesome, and won't leave you with the gluten-free cardboard-i-wish-i-were-a-slice-of-bread feelin!
1⁄4 cup chunky organic or homemade apple sauce
3 large eggs
1⁄2 c. pitted and chopped dates
1⁄2 c. dried and chopped apricots
1 tsp. lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
1⁄4 c. tapioca starch (arrowroot powder works too)
1 tsp. kosher or fine sea salt
1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Set aside 8x4 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
3. Combine Nut Butter, Coconut Oil, eggs, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and blend with a hand blender (or whisk) until totally smooth and well combined.
4. Whisk tapioca starch (or arrowroot powder) into mixture along with salt and baking soda until evenly combined. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and be sure to get everything well incorporated!
5. Stir in chopped dates.
6. Save 1T. chopped apricots, stir the rest into the mixture
7. Save 1T. pumpkin seeds, stir the rest into the mixture
8. Pour batter into pan with parchment paper, use a spatula and level out the top of the soon to be bread.
9. Sprinkle leftover apricots and seeds on the top, use your fingers to gently press them into the top of the bread.
10. Bake for 30-‐40 minutes, until bread is browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for minimum of 15 minutes.
11. Serve warm or cold! Eat plain, with yogurt on top, or even a bit of apple sauce!