This is a REVOLUTION
of the burger---a Wilderness Poet's Original! Fermented tempeh adds the probiotics your guts be craaaaaavin', with ginger, a super healer of the ages, and arame, a delicious, nutrient-dense seaweed. YUMMMMMMM.
2 packages tempeh, unflavored
1 red pepper, minced
1/2 onion, minced
1/2 inch ginger, minced
4 green onions, sliced thinly
2 T mustard (dijon is priiiiimo, but any flav will do!)
2 T red wine vinegar
2 T tamari, shoyu, or soy sauce
1 1/2 T smoked paprika, oregano
arame, a big handful (check into your seaweed source, as seaweed tends to amass heavy metals if collected or grown in contaminated waters)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Soak arame in water for 10 minutes. Drain water to use.
2. Steam tempeh. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slabs, and steam in basket for 10 minutes.
3. In a skillet, sautee red pepper, onion, and ginger in Coconut Butter for 5 minutes.
4. In a big bowl, mix: fresh green onions, drained arame, mustard, red wine vinegar, tamari, hempseeds, smoked paprika, and oregano.
5. Crumble steamed tempeh into the bowl, add sauteed vegetables, and mix VERY THOROUGHLY! Squeeze the mixture through your fingers and feel the deliciousness runnin through your veins!! Should be a smooth texture.
6. Form patties to desired thickness---this will alter the baking time. Bake until GOLDEN BROWN. I made mine 1/2" thick, which made 6 Big Mawma Tempeh Burgas, and took 30 minutes to bake.
7. Bar-B-WHO!? BAR-B-Q!!!! Dress that burga up with your favorite condiments!