Handmade pasta… no previous skill required….welcome to the School O' Gnocchi a la Wilderness Poets! The Raw Almonds bring out the natural nuttiness of the sweet potato, exciting taste buds around the world…ENCORE!
2 pounds sweet potatoes, roasted at 400 F for 45 minutes, skins removed
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper, dried basil
1. Roast sweet potatoes at 400 F for 45 minutes. Remove skins, and mash in a bowl.
2. Add almond flour, salt, and egg yolk. Mix with hands.
3. Add whole wheat flour a little bit at a time, until the mixture is no longer sticky (may take more than 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour). Knead, knead, knead until a big doughy-not-sticky-ball is formed.
4. Once the consistency is right, cover workspace with a light dusting of flour, and roll out a little bit of the dough at a time, making 1 cm thick "snakes".
5. Cut snakes at an angle into uniform "pillows".
6. Press each pillow with a fork.
7. To cook, boil water with a pinch of salt, drop in a serving of gnocchi at a time, and, with a slotted spoon, remove from water once they float.
8. Cover with sauce (THINK: SUPA FRESH Hemp Seed Pesto)! Or simplify: a little extra virgin olive oil, coconut butter or oil, butter...and.. some fresh chives from the garden! SHARE THE LOOOOOVE!