Hazelnut Coco-Maple Whip Mousse Pie
1 cup medjool dates
1/2 cup rolled oats
roasted hazelnut-coconut mousse:
1 can coconut milk
1 can coconut milk, fatty cream layer on top only! reserve water underneath
1. Line a pie pan with parchment paper.
2. Prepare double chocolate brownie crust: In a double boiler, gently melt cacao paste, coconut oil, maple syrup/honey. In a food processor, blend all other ingredients until smooth. Fold in melted chocolate. Press into pie pan and set in freezer.
3. Prepare roasted hazelnut-coconut mousse. Lightly toast (optional) halved hazelnuts in a 250 F oven. Reserve.
4. In a food processor, blend all other ingredients until creamy and smooth. Mix in roasted hazelnuts. Spread evenly on top of crust and set in freezer.
5. Prepare coco-whip. With a hand blender or whisk, whip up the coconut cream (reserve coconut water for smoothies or slurping up later!), with maple crystals and vanilla until frothy. Spread on top of pie and lick the spoons!
6. Sprinkle hazelnuts and other toppings on top of pie for the ultra beautification process to be complete...and..SPREAD THE LOVE! Refrigerate to preserve the delightful, creamy texture of the coco-whip. If you must, freeze the pie for later in pre-cut slices and let thaw out completely before serving.